brokeboater

back to page 1

11/7/17 progress report

 

Built a new lumber/canoe storage rack and cleaned up all the pile of old lumber

 

Some bracing

36" deep and mushroom shapped to hopefully prevent any lift during huricanes.  Mostly 8 to 10 bags of concrete per support.

 

Extened eves

 

11/26/17

Eve extension done, temporary supports for gutter install

 

Gutter fab

 

There is 60' of eve.  The gutter to the left here, about 40', drains the main roof, the old gavanized.  This will drain into the field for now and eventually  be used for a banana and fig grove planned to to in at the end of the pole barn.  This drains through the 4" sewer pipe temporarily in place (it'll be permanent once I'm sure it drains well.  The second gutter system, 40' to the right, will drain the new roofing and go into a cistern system.

Painting, painting, always painting.

 

Temporary walls down, studs going in.

Form for footer

And pour.  Days end.

12/7/17 udate

 

 

Paneling all up and nails all sunk flush.

 

 

 

And windows all cut in, yeah.  I can finally see the progress.  All the zillion little jobs that had to be done but didn't really reflect any progress are about done. Now I'm seeing results.  Prime, paint, paint, hang windows and this section is mostly done.  Oh, and finish, somehow, the walkway along this wall so it drains properly.  Another of those zillion niggling jobs that don't show progress.

 

12/14

Another of those time eating little jobs that crop up.  I realized I had to paint the footers or this would look crapier than it does anyway, so dig out the footers, again, prime, paint paint.  But when I dug them out the first time and primed them a could front came through with it's pouring rain and washed all my primer away.  I knew it was on the way but could get out of paint mode.  After that happened I gave the painting a few days rest to let everything dry out.

 

A little side job, a tractor shed built out of scraps.

Windows are just in with a few screws but I had to treat myself to  a view painted with windows in.  Lots and lots of small finish up projects but only one big one left, putting on the new roofing.  Good old SS come Wednesday is going to tote the note on that and I'll try and get it mostly finished up by the first of the year.